Locate your smartphone and more using Android™ Device Manager
From any device connected to the Internet:
- locate your smartphone,
- make it ring even if silent mode is on,
- lock it,
- erase data.
These action can only work when the smartphone is turned on.
1. Have a Google account registred in your smartphone:
- on the phone, open "Settings" app , then tap on "Accounts" or "Users & accounts" : the current email is displayed. If that's not the case, sign in with your credentials,
2. Be connected to the Internet:
- "Settings" app , tap on "Network & Internet" and enable "Data usage", if needed,*
3. Enable localization:
- "Settings" app , tap on "Security & location" or "Security",
- tap on "Find my device" and enable,
- Power U30, View4 , View4 lite, View5, View5 Plus, Y51, Y61, Y81, Y82 devices: come back to to "Settings" app , tap on "Location" and enable "Use location",
- tap on "Advanced" then on "Google Location Accuracy" and enable "Improve Location accuracy".
- into "Settings" app , tap on "Security",
- tap on "Find my device" and enable.
- Y60 device: back to "Security & location", tap on "Location" and enable "Use location",
- tap on "Advanced" then on "Google Location Accuracy" and enable.
- Y50 device: back to "Security & location" then tap on "Location" and enable,
- tap on "Mode" then tap on "High accuracy" and enable.
* To optimize tracking accuracy, enable Wi-fi mode, if possible.
Connection to Android™ Device Manager
From any device, connect to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager:
- log in with the same Google login as on your smartphone, if needed,
- if your phone is turned on and connected to the Internet, you see its location (accuracy = about 20 m).
- if your phone's location is unavailable, you still can make it ring for 5 minutes at full volume by clicking Ring. You can stop the ringing from your phone when you find it.
The software applications and the links mentioned by WIKO on this web page are only meant to inform users and enrich their mobile experience. Under no circumstances, WIKO shall derive material advantage or claim any rights or ownership whatsoever on these applications. The owners of these applications may contact WIKO at any time to request the withdrawal of their application reference, as they wish.
Product(s) concerned by this article: VIEW4
- VIEW4 LITE
- VIEW5 PLUS
- Y61 - 16+1 GB
For another product, click here